Adapting Your Restaurant during Covid
Reducing the Risk of Coronavirus (Covid 19) in your Restaurant
As the world deal with a global pandemic, one of the hardest hit industries is the Hospitality. With social gathering being restricted most restaurants, café’s, pubs and bars have been forced to adjust their opening hours and make their premises covid safe as much as possibly. Most eateries have reduced services and menus and operated a more take out or delivery service. Whilst some are allowing reduced numbers for sit down meals.
Here are a few safety tips for restaurant owners: –
- Strict Hygiene Practice / Hand Sanitisers
Washing hands for a least 20 seconds more frequently, if washing facilities are not available then hand sanitisers should be available at different locations for staff and customers.
- Social Distancing / Clear Signage
Make changes to your floor plan to help with maintaining a 2 metres distance, create a one-way system within the restaurant, avoiding customers to wander and coming face to face.
- Wear Mask
Staff wearing a face covering is crucial to avoid spreading the virus to colleagues and customers.
- Maintain the Government and Local Authority Guidelines
Maintain Local Covid Alert Levels Medium, High, or Very High. For more information click on the links below.
- Disposable menu
Ensure disposable menus are used rather than the shared booklet ones. Dispose of them in a safe manner after every use.
- Cleaning / Disinfectant
Ensure regular cleaning is maintained, paying particular attention to hot spot areas like work surfaces, utensils, light switches, handles, fridge freezers etc.
- Track & Trace
Take contact details of customers so that they can be traced if there is an outbreak.
Encourage card payment rather than cash to avoid contamination.
Fit screens between tables to protect and seperate areas, giving privacy to your diners as well as ensuring hygiene levels are maintained. Available in a number of sizes and colours.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 01992 709420 to discuss how we can help.
- Adapting Your Restaurant during Covid
- Top 10 Restaurants for Mothers Day in Essex 2020
- 10 Tips For Healthy Eating in Restaurants
- Winter Menus in London 2020 and Restaurant Design
- Fire Resistant Fabrics 5 Things All Restaurant Owners Must Know
- 5 Ways to Throw a Spooky Halloween Party at Your Restaurant
- Halloween 2020! Do or Die?
- Button Back Seating
- How to capture and prepare for the Festive Trade
- Tips Cleaning Your Pub or Restaurant